Saturday, January 10, 2009

Employment Again!

On the day that it was announced that over two million jobs were lost in 2008, my former employer called and asked me to come back to work. Apparently, the low interest rates are working and people are swarming to refinance their home mortgages. Business is about triple what it would be in normal times. I don't know how long it will last, but it will be great to get a paycheck again instead of unemployment. After a ten week break though, getting mentally geared up for 40 t0 50 hour weeks is just a little daunting. The good thing is that I know I am up to it. I am glad I did not waste much time during this long break in employment. I just completed the first week of an Excel class offered free through the Oregon Employment Division, and while I won't be able to finish the three week course, at least I know what Excel does and have a little experience with it. I even started this blog!
I hope anyone else who reads this and is out of work takes heart in knowing that as bad as things look, hope is on the road ahead, so keep moving, keep learning, keep applying for the jobs that will start showing up. Keep the glass half-full.

1 comment:

  1. I placed a translator of the Alta Vista of the Net, thus you will be able to be communicated more easily, abraços of the Brazilian friend

    --------------------------

    Coloqué un traductor del Alta Vista de la red, así usted podrá ser comunicado más fácilmente, los abraços del amigo brasileño

    ReplyDelete