Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Here we all are at Christmas Eve, safely back from a long hard drive from Orange County Ca. to Oregon. As anticipated, the coast highway had snow alongside, but none on the road. Still, all those "icy" signs along the road gave me pause and and I drove more cautiously than my twenty year old daughter approved of. But, tell me, is there a father anywhere who can totally relax with his daughter of any age at the wheel? She is a very good driver, just sort of aggressive where I tend to be defensive, so I did most of the driving. My shoulders are still tense. She is staying with us for a few days until the little house on the alley near campus she rented has the broken pipe that occurred during our cold snap repaired. It is fitting that she is independent at her age, but boy, is she ever! What a strong young woman she has become. Anyway, I want to wish anyone who reads this a very happy holiday season and let's hope we all have a more prosperous New Year

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're very proud of your daughter. Mine are 7 and 9. I fully expect them to grow up to be strong, independent young women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud yes, coping with the strong independence aspect of her personality is not always easy.

    ReplyDelete