Friday, December 12, 2008

So here's what I do on weekdays...

I am usually up by 6:30 AM, eat a hearty breakfast of Wheaties (Wheaties post coming soon) and whole wheat toast, shower, shave and by 8 I am ready for that interview which I am certain will happen soon. I check my email, the Craigslist job boards, the State job boards, and apply for any job that looks feasible. Then, I am off to the local State Workforce office to learn more about Word, Excel or something equally stimulating. I am late this morning because I was awake about an hour or so at 3:30, but will be back on schedule soon.
(Later that same day...) So now it is 7 PM, Friday night, and no, I did not get a call for an interview today, maybe Monday?
My SO has been dealing with her own ultra-stress, you see, she still owns a house in Redmond, OR with a view of the Cascades and hardwood floors that she has been unable to sell or rent. Talk about an Alligator! She has been working for days, many days, on her new website aimed at out of work construction execs, engineers and tunnel guys (are there any tunnel women?) telling what they need to do about new jobs and resumes and all manner of invaluable info. Then she decided to put this book she published, The Pulpit and the Bottle, out as an Ebook, so much more work doing that. I suggested that we go to the movies this afternoon to give her a break. We saw Australia, and it was 4 Star we both thought. I was doing turkey meatloaf tonight, but the movie was long, so the frozen manicotti is in the oven, and the timer is going off, soooo will quit this thang for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment