Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hazy Shade of Winter

(You can hear that Paul Simon song on Youtube, also by the Bangles )
Thursday, and I am preoccupied with an impending trip that will be more work than fun. I am flying to John Wayne International Airport at 5:30 AM Saturday to meet my twenty year old daughter who will be driving up from San Diego. We will then leave immediately for Oregon with the hope of avoiding snow, ice and other hazards to arrive sometime Sunday. I am presently thinking that Highway 101 is the best route, but will keep checking the weather predictions and hope for the best. We will buy some chains of course.
The snow here on the West side of the Cascades has melted with new rain, but a new cold front is supposed to arrive by Sunday, so who knows?
The job front is as bleak as the sky right now, but I attribute that to the season and look forward to the departure of The Current Occupant of the White House with enthusiasm. I think attitudes will improve markedly with that event.
Anne has put some beautiful one of a kind handmade purses on Etsy.com and if they are viewed, someone will want them I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year !
    The Friend Brasilien,

    Feliz Ano Novo,
    do amigo brasileiro,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really enjoyed the music on your blog, and listen to a lot of Brazilian music.

    ReplyDelete