Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What?! Tuesday Already?

Snow! Not a lot really, but enough to close schools, create icy, slick roads and cause accidents. I stayed in all day yesterday, except for scraping the sidewalk approach to the house and the driveway a little. Snow is nice on cards and in the mountains, but makes things difficult in cities. My daughter (age 20), is leaving San Diego sometime in the next few days to drive back to Oregon, and I am probably going to find a way to meet her in northern CA and drive back here with her. Greyhound? $110 for a one-way to Sacramento. A friend leaves tomorrow for the bay area and I could get a ride, but then have to wait two days for her to find me. I put a rideshare ad on Craigslist, we'll see what comes of that. Like the economy, I am unsettled and a little up and down about all this holiday stuff, but we have a roof over us, food in the fridge, the wine rack is not empty, and a new administration is coming that will bring a climate of hope to the whole country. I still expect to get a job any day now, early in January probably.

1 comment:

  1. yes, friendship is that valley. I placed to musics pra to please to all happy new year

    ReplyDelete