Saturday, December 13, 2008

So, Why do I keep starting posts with "So?"

I won't do that again. Saturday... shopping for groceries, preparing for bad very cold snowy weather by covering vents and faucets, dragged some leaves out of the roof gutter, and had some well-deserved coffee. Anne is still busy with her website and her TBA plan to have passive income, so I began a pot of Italian vegetable bean soup. Now, this soup began to grow in the crockpot as I added a littlel Italian sausage, carrots, potatoes, 32 oz.of broth, and ooops, too much water. The thing is, the first line of the recipe said something about four quarts of water, which was to cook the pasta in separately, (who knew?) so I put in a quart and a quart of vegetable broth before I noticed that the liquid level in the pot was rising to a level that predicted flooding. When we get ready to eat it I am supposed to add some cooked pasta and green beans, in which case I will have to get a vat, and call in the neighbors to eat. The surprising thing is that the broth tastes pretty good so far, so time will tell. My other cuisine adventure today is in the oven, ground turkey meatloaf in a muffin tin, six muffin spots filled with (I hope) delicious stuff. That is my Saturday, with a Netflix movie to follow dinner. Life is an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment